Many people usually buy and sell their smartphones. eBay and many other online markets allow to exchange and sale the smartphones and tablets. Usually when we sell a smartphone we have to do a hard reset Galaxy S6 Edge that brings device back to its original state, so the new owner cannot get access to your personal data.
Also, you may need to Hard Reset Galaxy S6 Edge in situations when there is a problem. Often, these problems arise because of the malicious application or non-recommended actions.
It is important to note that Hard Reset Galaxy S6 Edge will erase all data from the device. So before you do Hard Reset Galaxy S6 Edge, we recommend to make a backup.
How to Hard Reset Galaxy S6 Edge
- Open the Settings menu on your Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Find “Personal,” and select “Backup and Restore”. You may have to enter pattern, PIN or password.
- Then you need to select Factory data reset> Reset phone.
- If you have a screen lock, you must enter the pattern, PIN or password again.
- After that you should click “Clear All” to delete all data from the internal memory of your device.
- When the process Hard Reset Galaxy S6 Edge is complete, restart your smartphone.
Otherwise if you do not have access to the Settings menu or your smartphone does not turn on, you can use Recovery mode to Hard Reset Galaxy S6 Edge.
- To enter Recovery mode you need to turn off smartphone, and then press and hold the following buttons:
- After some time Android robot will appear. It means that you have entered Recovery mode. You can release Power and Volume buttons.
- Your will be offered a list of available operations. We are interested in wipe data / factory reset.
- Then you need to confirm that you agree to a hard reset and delete all the files. Select Yes – delete all user data.
- Then you need to restart your smartphone.
Hard Reset Galaxy S6 Edge is completed, and after loading your smartphone will work as good as new.
Read another very interesting article about alternative energy of the Sun, water and air.