In this article we will discuss such an important issue as Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 hard reset. Every smartphone user wants to perform hard reser for various reasons, for example, the unlock pattern is forgotten. In addition, the smartphone can work slowly, does not open some applications or even hang.
We tell you about two methods that will solve absolutely any problem with your Xiaomi smartphone. But, if you forget unlock pattern, then it’s better to perform Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 hard reset with first method. If you experience software errors, then we recommend you to flash Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with second method.
Before you begin, you need to do several important things. First, fully charge your smartphone. If during a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 hard reset the smartphone is discharged, it can lead to more serious problems. Also you need to create a data backup. Using the first method, personal data on smartphone should not be affected (but it is better to still save important files), while the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 flashing completely cleans the internal memory of the smartphone.
Note that you do not need to unlock Bootloader for both the first method and the second one.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 remove lock pattern
Perhaps the easiest way to remove lock pattern on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is to use a special service from Google called Android Device Manager.
If you enter Google account on your smartphone (you had to do it, because you can not download apps from Google Play Store without Google account), then you can use this method to remove lock pattern from Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- Use your computer to go to this website.
- Log in to your Google account using login and password.
- Select Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 smartphone in the upper left corner.
- The service will start searching for your smartphone. You should see the location of Android device on the map. If the location is determined incorrectly, it means that GPS is disabled. Fortunately, we do not need it.
- Just click on the “Lock” button, and enter a new password.
- Then you can use the new password on your smartphone to unlock it.
That’s all! In short, you have overwritten the old lock pattern on new password, and now you can unlock Xiaomi smartphone.
If you can not set a new password, then click on the “Erase” button to perform Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 hard reset. In this case, all data on the smartphone will be deleted, including lock pattern.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 flashing
Some people want to perform Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 hard reset to fix software errors or completely clear storage of smartphone. Unfortunately, hard reset on Xiaomi smartphones via recovery mode is quite problematic, because Bootloader is locked.
Of course, you can unlock Bootloader, then use the standard instruction to hard reset Xiaomi. But we know a faster way to make Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 hard reset, namely – flashing. Do not worry, it is a fairly simple process, but you need to carefully follow each step.
- As we said, first you need to create a data backup and fully charge smartphone.
- Then download the archive with all necessary files from this link. Extract all files from the archive to any folder on your computer.
- Go to the folder MTK_ Driver_ Installer1352 ext, click on DriverInstaller.exe with the right button, and select “Run as administrator“.
- Select “Install drivers” option and click on the “Start” button.
- After that go to website http://en.miui.com/a-234.html and download the official firmware for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- Extract all the files from the archive with the firmware.
- Now download the modified cust.img file from this link.
- Copy the downloaded file into the folder with the firmware, and replace it .
- Run flash_tool.exe as administrator (Download in step 2).
- Click on Download tab.
- In the Download-Agent field, select the MTK_ All_In_ One file.bin, which is located in SP Flash Tool folder.
- In the Scatter loading filefield, select MT6797_Android_scatter.txt, which is in the folder with firmware.
- Uncheck the box next to the preloader.
- Turn off Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- Click on Download button in the program window, hold down Volume Down key on the phone, and connect the smartphone to the computer via USB cable.
- Hold Volume Down key until the yellow download line appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Wait until the firmware download is complete. You will see a window with the word Download OK, as in the image below.
- Now disconnect USB cable, and hold down Power key on smartphone.
- Wait for about 15 minutes until the smartphone is restored.
That’s all! Yes, it is not the simplest method, but it is able to solve almost any problem with a smartphone, including Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 hard reset and remove lock pattern.
Read another very interesting article about alternative energy of the Sun, water and air.