SLR Magic, an optics manufacturer based in Hong Hong, announced the arrival of the new T1.6 17mm lens, designed specifically for Micro Four Thirds cameras. Viewing angle is equivalent to 34mm, while the construction involves the ‘use of 12 elements, divided into 10 groups. Two dials, placed along the target, allow manual adjustment of focus and aperture, with full compatibility to all bayonet for Micro Four Thirds.
The availability date is as of this month, while the selling price has not yet been officially declared.
Following is a summary of the main specifications:
- Type: Wide fast
- Compatible cameras: All Cameras Micro Four Thirds
- Construction: 12 elements in 10 groups
- Distance of focus: From 0.17ma ∞, combined scale meter / feet
- Opening: Manually controlled diaphragm, 10 strip, Minimum 16
- Bayonet: Micro Four Thirds
- Filter: Inner diameter 52mm, the attack of the filter does not rotate
- Finish: Black anodized
- Length: 78.65mm
- Diameter: 56.3mm
- Weight: 340g
Read another very interesting article about alternative energy of the Sun, water and air.