If you have a problem with Kindle Paperwhite, then you’ve come to the right place. We will tell you how to perform hard reset Kindle Paperwhite.
First of all, you can try to determine the problem. Sometimes e-book hangs or reboots unexpectedly. If a problem arises after you install any hacks, you should try to uninstall them and see what would happen without them.
If the problem persists, then you need to make hard reset Kindle Paperwhite.
Hard reset Kindle Paperwhite through menu
- First, you should save the contents of the directory «documents» on your computer.
- Then go to Home – Menu – Settings – Menu – Reset Device.
- Update the firmware if necessary.
Hard reset Kindle Paperwhite if e-book is not loaded
The hard reset through settings menu is the easiest way to return factory settings, but what to do if Kindle Paperwhite is not loaded as expected, or does not work and menu is not available? In such situation you can reset perform hard reset Kindle Paperwhite with following steps:
- Run the cold restart: Hold Power button for 30 seconds.
- Immediately after that hold the Home button at the same time. After a while, you will see a warning that you want to reset to the factory settings.
- If you are sure then input word RESET with keyboard.
That’s all! Use one of these methods to perform hard reset Kindle Paperwhite and return working condition for your e-book.
Read another very interesting article about alternative energy of the Sun, water and air.