Wireless headphones for a long time in various formats on the market. There is a good model, there is so-so, there are all the horror. Nevertheless, the market for wireless headphones develops more or less evenly and smoothly. But all this may soon change: in May are marketed wireless smart-headphones Bragi Dash, which the developers changed the approach to the very concept of headphones.
About what exactly these headphones are different from the others – will be discussed below. In the meantime, it is worth mentioning that on Kickstarter, in March last year, headphones scored 3.39 million US dollars instead of 260 thousand. It’s about saying something, right? In addition, these headphones also received an award for innovation, including a couple of dozen other projects at CES 2015.
What exactly are these Bragi Dash?
These headphones, which the developers have positioned as “the first truly wireless headphones. This is because here the exchange of data “over the air” is not only a source of sound, headphones and communicate with each other wirelessly. You can use headphones for its intended purpose for listening to music, working with them as a stereo headset, a fitness tracker. These are the basic techniques of using Bragi Dash, but there are additional (not-not, get tips on exam tickets for the session – not our method).
What else can boast Bragi Dash:
- 4 GB of internal memory;
- The touchpad control functions of the device;
- 3.5 hours of battery life;
- standalone media player;
- sensor heart rate;
- sound quality;
- Ability to separate settings for each of the headphones;
- the opportunity to headphones impervious to outside noise, and, conversely, opportunity to miss an external sound into the ear canal, just swipe your finger across the touch area headphones.
It is worth noting that the earphones do not fall out even with the most active running or jumping. In addition, the sound does not change when the phone is removed from the pocket and put, for example, in a bag (many headsets in this regard are not perfect, the sound begins to break).
Headphone maker released an API for third-party developers – you can now create applications that can interact with headphones. This can be a fitness app player, in principle, anything.
To work with the headphones as a fitness tracker should be set to the appropriate application paired device, and then we can do without the bracelet on her arm – Bragi Dash able to replace most of the models of these devices.
Who are the developers?
The fact that the headphones have turned such universal, it is not surprising. After all, they developed a team led by the former head of the design department Harman Kardon and former vice-president of Jabra.
CEO – Nikolai Hviid (Nikolaj Hviid). At CES 2015, he said that many of his friends and colleagues, which he spoke about the idea of creating a universal headphone jack, thought it was impossible. But they seem to be wrong.
At the same CES 2015, these headphones have been shown live for the first time, and the people who have tried them, wondered how such a small headphones can be so functional. Result – Award for innovation, which Bragi Dash got together with 24 other projects.
Full list of features the device:
- Keep track of your activity
- Measure basic vital signs
- Keep track of your goals
- Give notice
- Provide feedback in real time
- Compatible with third-party applications
- Function as a Bluetooth-headset
- Passive noise isolation
- Built-in microphone
- Are a present in three different sizes
- Lightweight – weighs less than 13.8 g
- Ergonomic design
- Reliable fixation
- Manage your music: play, pause, rewind / fast forward
- The ability to manage incoming calls: receive / reject, stop, hold
- The ability to sync music via USB 2.0 and sensor data via USB and Bluetooth
- 4 GB of flash memory
- ARM-chip 32 b
- Digital Signal Processor
- Bluetooth 4.0 module
- The battery capacity of 100 mAh
- 3-Hosni accelerometer
- IR LED optical sensor
- Lightweight, waterproof and to a depth of 1 meter
- The possibility of finding a lost device
- Full-charge time – less than an hour.
You can use the headphones as a fitness trainer, sensor health aide-alarm emergency, portable transceiver during presentations and personal guide in excursions.
- iPhone® 4S, 5, 5C, 5S
- iPad® (3rd gen. and above)
- Android smartphones with Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- And is scheduled to release an application for Windows Phone, plus a Blackberry.
Price and order
The first batch of headphones for customers not from the Kickstarter will be available in May of this year. The price is $ 300.
Read another very interesting article about alternative energy of the Sun, water and air.