If your Lenovo phone begins to fail, does not turn on or refuses to open any application, before taking device to a service center you can try to make a Lenovo S820 hard reset and return factory settings.
There are several ways to make Lenovo S820 hard reset: using settings menu (if the device turns on) and using a special Recovery menu.
Before you make a Lenovo S820 hard reset you need to save all important files. Also it is necessary to remove microSD card and SIM-card to save phonebook. Make a backup of contacts is very simple. To do this, insert SIM card to another Lenovo phone (or any other Android smartphone) and with applications to create your contacts database.
How to make Lenovo S820 hard reset?
As mentioned above hard reset can be made in two ways. If the Android device turns on, it is better to do a hard reset via the settings menu.
The first thing you need to go to the Settings, select “Backup & reset” -> “Reset” and confirm the intention with a special button, then read the information message and start the Lenovo S820 hard reset process clicking on “Clear all” button. Restart your smartphone and you will see that factory settings are returned.
This method is as simple as the first one.
- Turn off your smartphone. Extract microSD card and SIM card.
- Press and hold Power button and Volume keys.
- Then you will see recovery menu, in which you need to select “wipe data…” Use volume keys to navigate through menu and power button to confirm.
- Now select the 2nd item “Delete all user data”.
- If the phone does not automatically restart, you must select «Reboot System now». The next time the smartphone is switched on with the factory settings.
So, these are two ways to do Lenovo S820 hard reset. We hope that you were able to do that and solve your problems.
Read another very interesting article about alternative energy of the Sun, water and air.