In this article we look at how to perform hard reset iPod Touch 5th gen without iTunes and other additional software. However, we should mention that hard reset iPod Touch 5th gen can also be performed through iTunes and remote reset.
- Hard reset deletes all data from iPod Touch 5th gen, so you should make a backup.
- Before we begin you need to know that after hard reset you need to have Wi-Fi access point or iTunes on computer with Internet access.
- Also iPod must be charged; if it has less than 100% charge, it is better to connect iPod to the charger.
I am ready to perform hard reset iPod Touch 5th gen.
Hard reset iPod Touch 5th gen
- Go to the standard application “Settings”.
- Then select “General” section.
- At the bottom is “Reset” section. Here we see several types of hard reset. We will look at the first 2
iPod Touch 5th gen: Reset All settings
- The first option is “Reset All Settings”. It is very handy thing when you want to clear all iPod settings without losing data.
- Click the button “Reset all settings”, and notification appears:
- Are you sure you want to continue? This will reset all settings. No data or media will be deleted.
- Confirm the reset with few more clicks. The full process reset iPod Touch 5th gen lasts less than a minute. After its completion iPod will have default settings, but applications, music, photos, videos and contacts will not be deleted.
iPod Touch 5th gen: Erase All content and Settings
- The second option is “Erase All Content and Settings“. It allows you to not only reset iPod settings but also erase all data from your device. You can use this option when selling or donation your iPod.
- If you want to delete all data from iPod Touch 5th gen, then press the button “Erase All Content and Settings”. You will see the warning:
- Are you sure you want to continue? This will delete all media and data, and reset all settings.
- Click the button “Erase iPod” a couple of times. Your iPod will be turned off and after 2 minuted turns on again. Sometimes the hard reset process lasts longer, it depends on the model and number of files on player.
After hard reset iPod Touch 5th gen you should activate music player. For this you need an internet (Wi-Fi or iTunes on a computer with Internet access). It is required for connecting to Apple servers. Then iPod Touch 5th gen suggested me: Set up as a new iPod, or restore from a backup. After completion of all stages of activation I get a clean empty iPod. I tried to find something, but there’s nothing left, hard reset iPod Touch 5th gen removes all data.
Read another very interesting article about alternative energy of the Sun, water and air.