The Russian market is a new device for reading electronic books – ONYX BOOX i63ML Maxwell, continuing series on the great scientist. The new reader is the flagship model in the line and is equipped with an infrared touch screen, Wi-Fi-module, as well as a maximum of e-books of flash-memory. ONYX BOOX i63ML Maxwell replaces the popular model ONYX BOOX i62ML Aurora, which became the owner of the National Award “Product of the Year” in 2013.
Feature of the device is that the Android OS is open to install a large number of additional programs and makes it easier to write applications by third-party programmers.
Model ONYX BOOX i63ML Maxwell is equipped with a 6-inch infrared touch screen E Ink Pearl HD 12:1 contrast ratio with a resolution of 758 by 1024 pixels and anti-glare coating. Screen device supports a continuously adjustable backlight MOON Light, which provides a comfortable reading and the bright sun, and in low light conditions and even in total darkness.
Thanks to the multi-touch functions can smoothly change the font size and scale documents and turning pages easier ergonomic bilateral two buttons located on the sides of the screen. In remapping functions of the buttons and the presence of five-way joystick located below the screen provide maximum comfort during use.
ONYX BOOX i63ML Maxwell, designed in a compact form factor, built on a processor with a clock frequency of 1 GHz and has on board 512 MB of RAM, which will allow you to work comfortably with complex documents. 8 GB flash-memory and a slot for memory cards up to 32 GB to carry an entire library.
The device has a built-in Wi-Fi-module that allows to access the Internet, and a preset program with access to the app store Google Play. A capacity battery of 1600 mAh provides up to one month of battery life on a single charge.
Model ONYX BOOX i63ML Maxwell in the black case has gone on sale and available for a suggested retail price of 6990 rubles. On-sale devices in other colors (white and dark gray metallic) is expected in the near future.
- Display: Display – Infrared (IR) touch E Ink Pearl HD, diagonal – 6 inches, resolution – 758 x 1024, contrast ratio – 12:1, 16 shades of gray
- Backlit screen: MOON Light
- Screen protection: Metal plate
- Operating System: Android 2.3.1
- Management features: Touch screen (multi-touch), the side buttons with the possibility of reappointment paging features a five-way joystick
- Processor: 1 GHz
- RAM: 512 MB
- ROM: 8 GB
- Expansion slot: Memory Cards microSD / microSDHC / Trans Flash up to 32 GB
- Wired Interface: USB 2.0
- Wireless Interface: Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
- Supported file formats: Text: TXT, HTML, RTF, FB2, FB2.ZIP, DOC, MOBIPOCKET, CHM, PDB, EPUB, image: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, other: DjVu, PDF
- Battery: Lithium-Ion, capacity – 1600 mAh
- Dimensions: 171 x 124.8 x 10.9 mm
- Weight: 238 g
Read another very interesting article about alternative energy of the Sun, water and air.