Hard reset iPad 3 is a radical way to solve a lot of problems with tablet. After performing factory reset iPad 3 works without any errors, as if you just purchased a new one in the store. However, it completely erases all data, so before you hard reset it is highly recommended to make a backup. Are you ready? Let’s start!
Why do you need to perform hard reset iPad 3? There may be several options:
- Before selling.
- The tablet is slow, buggy or heated.
- You decided to start a new life and delete all garbage
In any case, you have two ways to hard reset iPad 3. They are easy enough, so you should have no problems.
Hard reset iPad 3 using tablet settings
It is the easiest and most convenient way to return factory settings. You only need to touch the screen for 4 times. Unlock the tablet, and go to the settings.
- Find section “General” and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Click on “Reset” and select the option that you need. If you want a complete memory clearing, then select “Erase All Content and Settings”.
If you have a jailbroken iPad, you should not use this method, because the table may never turn on. You should use the following way.
Hard reset iPad 3 using iTunes
The method for those who have jailbreak. Also you can use it if you forget four-digit password on the lock screen.
- You need a computer and updated iTunes to the latest version.
- After connecting iPad 3 to the PC, open iTunes and click on “Restore iPad”. That’s all! You just need to wait.
Note: your tablet will be updated to the latest firmware version. If you do not want the latest iOS, then you can use first method.
Another important notes:
- You should know Apple ID. If you have forgotten your password, you cannot perform hard reset iPad 3.
- Apple devices cannot be reset with hardware buttons.
- After hard reset iPad 3, you will need to perform the initial setup and activate the device.
Read another very interesting article about alternative energy of the Sun, water and air.